Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Christmas Cookie Tradition ~ 2017

It's a Christmas tradition that everyone in the house enjoys... even daddy.
First... we cut and bake cookies.
It usually includes a ton of very serious and focused faces.
The dough has GOT to be COLD. COLD. COLD. or it will spread in the oven and be disfigured.
We always just use the Pillsbury ready made, sugar cookie dough.
 
Sometimes I have to step in and help with soft dough dilemmas.
This part is not as fun as the decorating, but it's still something we all enjoy doing together.  I think more dough gets eaten (raw), than it does cooked.
I love watching my man partaking in our family traditions.  
These cookies are for Santa, but we always make a few cookies that spell out Jesus' name.  
Jesus gets a CAKE from US!
Pre-decorated cookies.
The next day, we decorated.  So we aren't artists or anything, but I still think our cookies turned out adorable.  
I love all of the special touches and details... especially the mustaches and candy cane smiley faces.
We barely ate these.  Hmph.  We did leave them for Santa to enjoy though.  No wonder he's so chubby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)